RP APPRECIATION

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
jamessos
OOC: Derrick
IGN: Lingering Will
Graphic Artist: Someone from 2006 Tu

Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:59 pm

Just wanted to shout out the amazing writing partners I have currently!

Princess- Your posts have such amazing introspection. Depth of character. I've loved how you've begun every post with Everly. It's been such a treat to read.

Anders- Your first post was just oozing such good lore. It has this otherworldly feel you'd imagine an entity like an Angel to have. It feels so distinct and a joy to engage with.

Seyda- I mean you know I'm a fan but every post of yours feels so much like your character. Disciplined, direct, but with these cracks of emotion you have to search for but then are so loud.

Thank you for letting me write with yall ^^
Marlo
OOC: carrot/aimee
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace
Graphic Artist: me, baby

Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:51 am

"Argentum" by the writer of Vex
Vex wrote:Once upon a time, it was said that vampires couldn’t see their reflection in mirrors. Vampires, they reasoned, couldn’t come into contact with pure things, and silver was said to be a pure metal.
had to quote those first two sentences. now THAT is some banging prose. It's giving academics in the right way. Not stiff, very clear prose, but a great beginning.
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen/Kris

Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:14 pm

Like Frankenstein’s monster, you’re an amalgam of stolen parts. You’ve hacked off pieces of yourself and replaced them with more palatable scraps - something to fit others’ desires. What you thought they wanted. You don’t know when you started forcing yourself to be useful at all costs: a weapon, a tool, or a loaded tongue. More than anything else, you wanted to be of service. Being loved on your own merit seemed too lofty a goal for something so unworthy.

How often have you cut away pieces of yourself to fit into someone else’s mould? When did you start?
I particularly enjoy this passage. It has so much good weight to it. The pacing is fantastic.
Loved the piece, Lytha bb <3 Good soup.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE-DE DRAAK|
|SCHIARAFFA|
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe
vanitas vanitatum
Aziza
OOC: Ranch
IGN: AzizaLaredo

Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Argentum - Vex

O. U. C. H.

I love it.
Everly
OOC: Princess
IGN: Everly
Lineage: Ailios
Graphic Artist: Dee
IC/OOC Only: Both

Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:26 pm

All of the above. I've been trying to find words to describe how heavily impactful Lyssa's piece is, but keep failing. I haven't felt that emotional reading something since Addie LaRue, and almost never in a RP.

Thanks for giving me something to hurt to and to aspire to.
N I G H T W A T C H - L I E U T E N A N T | T H E - G R A C E S
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Clan: Ferrymen
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:50 pm

Thank you guys!

I've been working on that thing for like a month and I'm glad it came together well enough to hurt. <3
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
✧ MAHORELA ✧ AMANDINE ✧ DE DRAAK ✧ SCHIARAFFA ✧

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen/Kris

Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:35 pm

https://abantiquo.aldergate.net/viewtop ... =17&t=3350

I hadnt realised you'd already posted this, Princess. Fantastic writing. I enjoy how vivid the fighting scene is, and how dynamic Everly is as a character. Also love the layout.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE-DE DRAAK|
|SCHIARAFFA|
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe
vanitas vanitatum
Aziza
OOC: Ranch
IGN: AzizaLaredo

Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:16 pm

https://abantiquo.aldergate.net/viewtop ... =15&t=3362

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! :D

So glad to see you're posting! Welcome back!! Can't wait to see more of Mobius' return to the land of the [sort of] living! <3
Orgasmerilla
OOC: Ann
IGN: Orgasmerilla
IC/OOC Only: Both

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:23 pm

Aziza wrote:
https://abantiquo.aldergate.net/viewtop ... =15&t=3362

I second this.

This just sinks it's hooks in you and leaves you wanting more.
Orgasmerilla D'dary-Amandine
Mobius
IGN: Mobius

Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Aziza wrote:

So glad to see you're posting! Welcome back!! Can't wait to see more of Mobius' return to the land of the [sort of] living! <3
Orgasmerilla wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:23 pm
I second this.

This just sinks it's hooks in you and leaves you wanting more.
Wow. Very flattering and humbling. Thank you both!